Monday, December 22, 2014

WNFL. You thought correct, the Women's National Football League


In the Women's Professional Football League, the kickoff was a success as the lady teams of barnstorming.

 See also (from the wonderful wikipedia) for a point of reference:

My hometown:    wikipedia.org/wiki/Cincinnati_Sizzle 
I think the Dayton Rebellion of the above WPFL sounded good.

americanfootball.ie/craigavon-cowboys-hold-open-tryouts-for-womens-flag-football/
Irish Flag Football Association


Good ladies sports blog:  wfbtalk.wordpress.com/tag/dayton-rebellion/

I have drummed the beat before about the success and some tie-ins with sexualization of womens' sports.
The WNBA is a success.  Likely to follow will be a more robust ladies soccer league, perhaps a cohort of MLS.  My personal favorite would be MLB.  Hockey and football are harder to sexualize, one would think, but there is already the likes of the Bikini Basketball League and the Legends Football League (AKA Lingerie League).  The obviousness of it all as exhibition.  But what about a pre-game or post-game exhibition for the big league big five circuit.  

I love the idea of a ladies team counterpart for each league and each team.  Maybe they're a warm-up act or maybe they're a closer.  Whether WNFL or LFL, the Lady Bengals or the Sister Steelers, the Bangals or the Squealers, padded up all the way for battle Sunday, I'm for it and I'm sure I'm not alone.

Dallas Diamonds

See more expansion, co-location and relocation talk for football, baseball, basketball, hockey and soccer on my blog http://prosportsexpansion.blogspot.com/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment