Wednesday, November 25, 2015

To many, Seattle and Portland without Big Hockey First is Crazy Stupid

seattletimes.com/sports/other-sports/is-nhl-expansion-decision-in-quebec-city-las-vegas-delayed-because-of-seattle-city-councils-sodo-arena-vote/

Get in line, desert hockey.  We've seen that mirage already.  At least it's a watered down, if not melted allusion, compared  to the beautiful sounds and northern bays for the cold import of ice hockey into more of America.

In the spirit of my regional expansion teams (tag teams) idea, I'd like to see a franchise killing two birds with one stone.  I'd love to see a joint team, a tag team for the towns of Seattle and Portland.  It would be a Northwest brand.  West Coast Ghosts sounds fantastic.  Or Grey Coast Ghosts.  'Jacks (Lumberjacks), Fleet, Armada,...so many options.  Let Glendale and Las Vegas share camps for the West Coast Coyotes or call it Death Valley and name it the Phantoms or Horsemen.  Riders.  Brigade.  Banshees.  Wolf Pack  My goodness, that made me hard.

Does what I said sound like an efficient if not at least an exponential expansion?
Texas.  Hooah.  A Phantom Soldier on a real base.  See my posts about NHL in Austin.
I've mentioned some of the above in blog posts before.

Sound off.  What do you think?




See your place in the Index Key
 
 
 
 
See much more expansion, co-location 
 and relocation talk for the
footballs, baseball, basketball and hockey on my blog 
SCROLL DOWN TO VOTE and Comment



No comments:

Post a Comment