Saturday, August 23, 2014

Shuffling the Franchises for MLB, NFL, NHL and NBA (......Okay, no Campy Talk, so ONE SPOT)

For those not familiar with my posts, "no campy talk" means that I won't talk about sharing a regional team, for instance the West Coast Athletics playing home(camp) games in Oakland, Portland and Las Vegas (and some Honolulu and Anchorage).

And throughout my blog murmurings my targets for relocation of big league franchises are known:
Tampa Bay baseball
Jacksonville football
St. Louis football
Oakland baseball and football.

Los Angeles, you know you're going to be on the receiving end of some football.  But I might take your Clippers and Anaheim Angels

All these cities....well hell, I'm really for co-locating them there for a share, still.  But for this sake, just relocation to one place.
Gosh darnit, you don't know how hard it is for me not to mention how Tampa and Monterrey, Mexico should share the Gulf Port, Gulf Coast or Gulf Run Rays.

But anyway:
The Los Angeles Raiders are really going to be called the California Raiders
Portland Rams.  Or should it be called the Oregon Rams?
The Louisville Jaguars are going to be called something else.

Oakland hate me.  Portland love me.  The Portland A's.
Miami houses the Florida Marlins again.
Charlotte or Mexico?  Mexico or Charlotte.  Sorry Charlotte.  The Monterrey Rays.  Atmosphere and flavor.  Some sandlot ball.  Fired up passion.
The California Angels have a new home up in Sacramento.  Can't they split time with northern California???  Can't they?

As much as I want the Ohio River and Cincinnati to float the Cincinnati Clippers, I'm going to part with heart and go for the Seattle Clippers.
Since in the blog world I can dictate....:
I hereby order the New Orleans Jazz and keep the ridiculousness of even Pelicans (moniker and existence) in Salt Lake City.  Might as well be unicorns or Kenny G' Zuesses.
Not your average Supersonics

Or


1978-84



All I really have for Hockeytown is the Western Coyotes playing in Portland or Seattle.  I got the NBA in Seattle and brought the big two to Portland.  Guess the big 5 belongs in Seattle a little more.  Sorry trailsonics.

Hmmmm.  What else?

Utah Jazz or Pelicans?

See more expansion and relocation talk for football, baseball, basketball, hockey and soccer on my blog (starting in Feb 2014, see table of contents/archive):  Major League/Pro Expansion <CLICK> http://prosportsexpansion.blogspot.com/  The first post lays out some of the concept.
And please feel free to contribute your two cents with mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment