Wednesday, June 18, 2014

The Expansion of the Eastern Demographic in Big League Sports and Who is On the Chopping Block

The chopping block:

First that comes to mind is the Tampa Bay Rays.

Then the Jacksonville Jaguars.

I would almost prefer Montreal over Tampa as the site of MLB.  I figure that Tampa could share the Florida Marlins.  Or the Rays could co-locate with Nashville, New Orleans and/or Charlotte as the Southern Rays.
I also figure that Jacksonville could share a Southern moniker and co-locate with central Alabama.

I would also look to share the NHL's Nashville Predators with Atlanta and deem them "Southern".  And yeah, I realize that selfish of me.  Most of us recognize Atlanta is missing MLS.

Some Cities in the future, even if that future is far away for other major league towns:
MLB:  New Orleans, Nashville, Charlotte, Indianapolis and Columbus
NBA:  Pittsburgh, Cincinnati/C-bus, Nashville, L-ville, St. Louis and KC
NFL:  Louisville and Toronto stick out starkly in my mind.
What am I missing here?

East and West of the Mississip


Speaking of KC, let's look more out west, also:
Vegas, Portland, some SLC and Albuquerque, some OKC and San Antone.
NHL in Houston, Seattle, Cleveland and Milwaukee...stuff like that.



See more expansion and relocation talk for football, baseball, basketball, hockey and soccer on my blog (starting in Feb 2014, see table of contents/archive):  Major League/Pro Expansion <CLICK> http://prosportsexpansion.blogspot.com/ 
And please feel free to contribute your two cents with mine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment